5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get active, explore mountain scenery, and relax in an onsen hot spring on this fantastic combo tour. Escape the crowds of Tokyo’s busy streets and get close to nature on this hike of Mount Takao. You won’t have to worry about getting lost, as a guide will lead the way on the mountain trails. Choose to either walk or run up the mountain depending on your fitness levels. Reward your energetic pursuits with a peaceful bath at an onsen hot spring and savor Japanese food at the foot of the mountain.
- Avoid long admission lines—entrance to a Japanese hot spring is included
- Take the stress out of mountain navigation by having a guide to lead the way
- Access incredible photo opportunities once you reach Mt. Takao’s summit
- Flexible tour suitable for mixed fitness levels—choose to walk or run
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks
Japanese traditional style hot spring (Onsen) fees
Cableway (usually don't use this)
Departure & Return
Takaosanguchi Station, 2241 Takaomachi, Hachioji, Tokyo 193-0844, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The minimum age requirement is 10 years old. Children aged under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants must be capable of walking on the mountain for about 3 hours. Also, please keep in mind that in Tokyo, it's hot and humid in summer (about 35°C/95°F) and cold in winter (about 5°C/40°F), so please dress accordingly.
- Please bring sufficient equipment, including shoes and clothes appropriate for the activity, a change of clothes, and towels. Water and snacks are available at the starting point.
- If you have a tattoo on your body, unfortunately you are not permitted to take a bath at the hot spring due to the facility's policy. In the hot spring, male and female are separated, and no need to wear anything.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- We run rain or shine (rain wear is prepared)
- Please keep the pace to the "slowest" member
- In the public bath, male and female are separated, and we have to be naked (we can't wear anything)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- OPERATED BY eight one management co.
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
TOKYO Hiking & Onsen & Japanese food
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTokyoTokyo PrefectureHiking - KantoHalf-day Tours - KantoHiking - MusashinoHalf-day Tours - MusashinoHiking - KawasakiHalf-day Tours - KawasakiCategory
Mt. Takao Cable CarRoppongiTokyo MidtownEngaku-ji TempleShiba Park (Shiba Koen)ShibuyaHotel Chinzanso Tokyo GardenOwakudaniTsukishima Monja StreetTokyo Photographic Art Museum (Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography)Kappabashi (Kitchen Town)HanayashikiTokyo Disneyland®Rainbow BridgeTokyo TowerOedo Onsen MonogatariShinjuku Park (Shinjuku Gyoen)Nezu Museum (Nezu Bijutsukan)KabukichoAkihabara