4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Matsumoto Castle is one of the most famous sights in Matsumoto, and this experience allows you to bypass long ticket lines as admission is included. First, explore the grounds of this impressive castle, then learn about Japan’s signature drink—”sake” at a sake brewery. Later, enjoy a local lunch, Nawate Shopping Street, and finally—round off the tour with a local craft beer.
- Visit a building that dates back to the 16th century—Matsumoto Castle
- Learn about Japanese rice wine—visit a sake brewery for a tasting
- No hunger pangs—a delicious local lunch is included
- Time to visit local food stalls and a shopping street in Matsumoto
Saved to wishlist!
Matsumoto castle entrance fees
Local craft beer(1 drink)
Extra drinks and food (available to purchase)
Bullet train tickets and other transportation fees.
Meal for infant
Departure & Return
1 Chome-1 Fukashi, Matsumoto, Nagano 390-0815, Japan
You will meet your guide at Matsumoto station
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY o8Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Matsumoto Castle, Sake, Food & Craft Beer Walking Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Matsumoto Castle, Sake, Food & Craft Beer Walking Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Matsumoto Castle, Sake, Food & Craft Beer Walking Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Matsumoto Castle, Sake, Food & Craft Beer Walking Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Matsumoto Castle, Sake, Food & Craft Beer Walking Tour
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Sake TastingWalking ToursPhotography ToursFull-day ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingMatsumotoSake Tasting - Nagano PrefectureWalking Tours - Nagano PrefecturePhotography Tours - Nagano PrefectureFull-day Tours - Nagano PrefectureHalf-day Tours - Nagano PrefectureCategory