Things to Do in Tokyo With Kids
Read MoreShow Less
Tokyo offers all sorts of fun attractions for visitors of all ages, from high-tech theme parks to educational experiences. Here are some of the best ways to experience the Japanese capital with little ones in tow.
- Enjoy rides, games, and 3D attractions regardless of the weather at Joypolis, one of Tokyo's most popular indoor theme parks.
- Play make believe at the Studio Ghibli Museum, which features replica sets from some of the studio's most beloved films. Advance booking is essential.
- Learn about the tradition of sumo wrestling by attending a morning practice or even a proper sumo wrestingling tournament.
- Buy a skip-the-line ticket and immerse yourself in all things LEGO, without lengthy lines, at LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
- Visit Ikebukuro’s Sunshine City, home to Sunshine Aquarium. Then, head up to the building's SKY CIRCUS Sunshine 60 Observatory for panoramic city views.
2 Tours and Activities
Sort by: Featured
Get ‘big in Japan’ during this insider’s experience at a sumo wrestler morning practice session. Enjoy exclusive access to a sumo stable, watching as these massive athletes put themselves through their daily training regimen and go head-to-head. Who knows: you might even get to witness a future tournament champion. A guide is also included to help you gain access and follow the proceedings.
Experience the excitement of Japanese sumo wrestling with this admission to one of the three annual tournaments that take place in Tokyo. Tour the stadium with a professional guide and learn about sumo culture and traditions while watching these massive warriors go head-to-head.